The voting for The Woodlands Township November 2022 election opens
THE WOODLANDS, TX – Bidding has begun for four (4) vacancies on The Woodlands Township Board of Directors in the November 2022 election. The positions are labeled positions 1, 2, 3 and 4. Each position is for a two-year term and is an honorary, non-compensated role.
Candidates can apply for one of the designated positions between July 23, 2022 and August 22, 2022, 5:00 p.m. The deadline for submitting a written declaration of candidacy is August 26, 5:00 p.m. 2022.
Applications may be (1) mailed to the community, (2) delivered in person, (3) faxed to 281-210-3978, or (4) emailed to [email protected] Applications submitted in person are accepted on normal working days during municipal office hours from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Irrespective of the method of service, an application is deemed to have been submitted at the time it is received by the municipality. please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov or call 281-210-3800 for more information e.g. B. How to get a registration package.
please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/novemberelection, or call 281-210-3800 for more information. Drop-off packages and further information are available from the above address. The community intends to enter into contracts with Harris County and Montgomery County to conduct the elections and use the county’s regular polling stations for elections.
Qualifications for the board of directors:
- 18 years (as of November 8, 2022)
- Residents of The Woodlands Parish for the past six (6) months
- Texas residents for the last twelve (12) months
- U.S. citizens
- mental incompetence
- conviction for crimes
- A statement of written candidacy must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 26, 2022.
- July 23, 2022 – First day of filing the application to appear on the ballot for one of the designated positions
- July 25, 2022 – First business day for personally delivered forms to be accepted at The Woodlands Township, 2801 Technology Forest Blvd., The Woodlands, Texas 77381
- August 22, 2022 – Last day to submit a request to appear on the ballot for one of the designated positions (5:00 p.m.); Last day to order the choice
- August 26, 2022 – Last day for submitting the written declaration of candidacy (5:00 p.m.)
- October 11, 2022 – Last day to register to vote
- October 24, 2022 – First day of early voting by in person appearance
- November 4, 2022 – Last day of early voting by in person appearance
- November 8, 2022 – Election Day
*The Texas Secretary of State is the Chief Election Officer of the State of Texas and is reporting the dates listed here. Interested persons are encouraged to visit the website of the Secretary of State’s Electoral Department at http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/index.shtml or call the Secretary of State’s Elections Department at 1-800-252-VOTE (8683) for the most up-to-date information.